Wedding Jewelry

Wedding Jewelry
Wedding Jewelry

Monday, January 6, 2014

Customer Profile : Maho


To kick off the new year we're featuring the first of a number of customer profiles on the blog. We're always interested in the lives of those who wear & enjoy our jewelry and what's meaningful & motivational to them. We've asked some of our good customers & thanks to all of them for taking part, we'll be publishing one per month. If you'd like to be involved please drop us an email.

Who are you & where do you live?

My name is Maho Ishiguro. I used to live in Northampton, but now live in southern Connecticut.


What are you up to these days?

I am a graduate student in ethnomusicology at Wesleyan University. So, I study music, culture and people's lives in my field, with focus on Javanese court music from Indonesia.  I spend most of my year reading, writing, presenting, practicing, performing and traveling to Indonesia. Also, planning our wedding in summer 2014, which I hope to wear some of Rebekah's pieces.  

What inspires you? 

Encountering amazing people and interactions with them.
  

How would you define your personal style?

Fashion-wise, I try to give lots of attention and respect to colors.
Life style-wise: pelan, tapi tentu which means "to proceed slowly, but with absolute certainty. "

Vintage or Contemporary?

Contemporary

How did you discover Rebekah’s jewelry?

Before going to Wesleyan, I was finishing my master's degree at Umass Amherst, and living in Northampton. I went into Thornes to find some christmas presents for my family and found Rebekah's jewelry in her store. Ever since, for most of special occasions that call for presents (such as xmas, anniversary, and birthdays), I asked my fiancee for a piece of jewelry from her. 

Do you have a favorite piece & why?

I love every single one of them. I wear at least a piece of Rebekah's everyday. Her jewelries have traveled to so many places with me-- Japan, Indonesia, Singapore, the UK etc. They all have special memories and occasions embedded to them as I received them from my fiancee. If I must choose one favorite--the blue topaz earrings, the one I am wearing in the picture. I have worn them at several performances and I always perform well when I wear them. I think they bring me luck and confidence (plus my fiancee won them at one of the drawings a few years ago at the Northampton store!) 

What keeps you looking good?

I try to study at least one dance tradition each year-- this year I started to learn Bharatanatyam which is a dance tradition from South India. Awareness of the engagement between my body, sensation of movements and music keeps me alive in the moment.