Wedding Jewelry

Wedding Jewelry
Wedding Jewelry

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Meet my new 1950s-style wedding dress: 'Dorothy'

Dear Reader

Drum roll please... 
Meet 'Dorothy', the latest in my Heavenly Collection of vintage-inspired wedding dresses... 
'Dorothy' 1950s style wedding dress, new to the Heavenly Collection
Dorothy is a new version of my 1950s-style Blanche dress. Dorothy features a full length, more A-line skirt to give a softer look. 

A really versatile dress, Dorothy can work in so many different ways: I've shown it here in ivory silk and corded lace, using the beautiful border for the sleeve and hem.
I named the dress after my lovely model, Dorothy, pictured here!
The Dorothy dress is available now from £1495
As well as the pretty short sleeve shown here, Dorothy also looks fabulous with a three-quarter or full length sleeve. The photos here show a softly scooped neckline, but a sharper V neckline also works beautifully. And right now, I'm working on a new Dorothy made in a finer lace, with a palest apricot silk lining. It's gorgeous! And I'll show it to you very soon. 
Dorothy dress, available now from £1495

Just to remind you about the dress from which it's adapted, the pictures below are beautiful 'Blanche' - always popular with my brides - in ballerina length and with 3/4 sleeve. 
Blanche, 1950s style wedding dress from £1495
Blanche, 1950s style wedding dress from £1495
Blanche, 1950s style wedding dress from £1495
Both dresses shown here are available now, priced £1495. I hope my brides will love Dorothy as much as they do the original Blanche. 

Thanks to Robert Lawler for photography, and to models Dorothy and Cordelia. And thanks to you, dear reader, for dropping in to help me launch my new dress!

Love
Helena
Heavenly Vintage Brides