Wedding Jewelry

Wedding Jewelry
Wedding Jewelry

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The prettiest wedding flowers and cakes, at 'Brides The Show'.

Dear Reader,
Last week I had the pleasure of attending Conde Nast's Brides The Show in Islington. If you've never been, it's a fun evening or day out with gorgeous wedding flowers, fabulous cakes and so many pretty things to enjoy.

My companions were two lovely ladies who are also both bridal experts: Sally Laycock, designer of beautiful Edwardian style dresses, and Abby of Cherished, who hand-makes wonderful bridal accessories.

We really enjoyed seeing familiar faces and admiring the high standard of work. But what most impressed was the quality of the flowers. All the florist stands were a joy to behold! I do love flowers, so I'd like to show you my favourites...

First, I admired the bright and bold contemporary styling of Hackney-based florists Rebel Rebel (photo above, and below)..
The Rebel Rebel girls were so nice and chatty. And I have never seen roses as large and beautiful as the amazing purple blooms on their stand...
In a complete contrast, Richmond florist Zita Elze's stand almost gave me goosebumps! Zita's display was so beautiful and ethereal, like a fairytale glade of trees filled with gypsophilla.

Zita's style is very unique - I haven't seen flowers arranged quite this way before...
I also loved the approach to wedding cakes taken by two ladies in partnership, Fondant Fox and Meringue Girls. Together, they combine delightful quirky colourful meringues with gorgeous cakes. The results are really different and delicious.
I particularly loved their towering sponge cake, covered in the prettiest flowers and meringues...
There were so many wonderful cakes and flowers and fun weddingy things to admire. I hope you enjoyed seeing my own personal favourites!
Love
Helena
Heavenly Vintage Brides