Wedding Jewelry

Wedding Jewelry
Wedding Jewelry

Monday, February 23, 2015

Vintage Wedding Dress Trends 2015 - Number 6

Dear Reader
Back to my vintage wedding style forecasts today - with fabulous trend no 6...


6. ALL-OVER BEADED LACE

Beaded lace is suddenly trending again - just take a look at the best Oscar dresses from this weekend. And it's perfect with vintage-inspired gowns. 
Lupita Nyongo's vintage-inspired dress with all-over beading by Calvin Klein
On a fashion history note, contrary to popular belief, 1920s and 1930s vintage wedding dresses were very rarely beaded. Beading was more of an evening fashion among wealthy society girls. 
Emma Stone in chartreuse beaded lace dress by Elie Saab, Oscars 2015
To incorporate this lovely luxe trend, I've recreated my Butterfly dress in a sumptuous and glamorous all-over beaded lace. I'm looking forward to showing it to lots of lovely brides-to-be. 
Whatever I do with my vintage-inspired dresses, my number one aim is to keep their vintage old-fashioned charm and not make any statements which are too obvious, and I think this lovely lace has a subtle sparkle which just works.
Love
Helena
Heavenly Vintage Brides

If you like this post, please try…
Vintage Wedding Trends 2015, number 4